Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Camping!

I didn't do one post during the month of April. Things have been moving fast for me with school and other stuff. I haven't done a lot of recreational rides or exploring. Mostly commuting, which is great still but I am longing for some off road riding.

A few days ago I gave a seminar on bike camping. I think it went fairly well, I was a little less prepared than I had hoped but I think it went alright anyway. I'm going to be leading a bike camping trip on May 31st to Carver Park Reserve. This is going to be a nice short overnight trip to help people who are worried about taking the first step. Bike camping is not rocket science but it can be intimidating. Hopefully this will be a good supportive opportunity for folks to come give it a worry free trial run. I'll probably offer a quick gear inspection day around noon on the 24th of May.

Some of the details are still being hammered out but it will soon come together. As I have more things to share I will post them here to share with you all.

In other news, I will be camping from the 19th to the 23rd up North. It won't be bike camping but it will still be fun and I am excited to get away for a few days. I'll probably have things to post when that time comes.

Thanks for tuning in.

No comments: