Saturday, May 17, 2014

Camping season.

On Monday I am fleeing the city to go sleep under the stars for a week. I couldn't be more excited. Blue Mounds is my destination. The original plan was to head up North but the forecast looked very unfavorable. So a new plan was formulated and executed. I must say as a side note that I was overly impressed with the ease at which you are able to change a campsite reservation from the Minnesota DNR's website. Kudos to them!

In more bikey related news, we've got a camping event through Freewheel in which myself and Joe will be leading a small band of happy campers into the "wilderness" and showing them that there is nothing to fear when it comes to bike camping. The event is scheduled for May 31st. It costs $10 to join. The details can be found here. The weekend before the trip, May 24, I will be holding a small gear inspection where you can come and ask all your gear questions both big and small as well as have me rifle through your stuff to see if you would have what you need to do the overnight. I am really looking forward to this event as the one in the winter was a big old flop.

Come camp with me!


No comments: