Sunday, November 11, 2012

A few things.

So I am back up North of the Metro and I find myself with an abundance of time, this is okay as I rode almost every single day.

I've got some things happening in my life right now that have returned me to Maple Grove for an undisclosed period of time. I have mixed emotions about this, for reasons I'll not talk about here I really despise this place, on the other hand I am only 7 miles from school. It is a really nice distance to bike, I feel like I rode my bike but I am not dead afterwards. It only takes roughly a half hour to get there because it is mostly down hill. Always up hill and always head winds on the way home; it is predictable and right now I'll take that.

So other than commuting I did a fat bike ride on Saturday afternoon. Woof, the weather was extremely beautiful. I could not believe it, when I got to the river bottoms I ditched a bunch of layers that I was anticipating needing. I wish I had brought a short sleeve jersey and some more water, I was dying on the ride. Friday night I registered for the Lake Minnetonka ice race and the first ever Fat Bike Birkie. I chose to do the 45k so I wanted to see what my time was like so there was not a lot of putzing around as there usually is on my rides, it was pretty much all business. Two and a half hours is what it came out to, that is with two Nate's for tires. If I can get that down to an hour and forty five minutes I will be happy. I believe I can do this well before March hits. I'm going to start some "training" on Monday, mostly to drop some pounds and strengthen my core.

No pictures really this week, I did snap some pictures of my bikes that I will post up in the "Bikes" section.


No comments: