Monday, November 26, 2012

Heavy on events, light on action.

Lots of developments, not a lot of riding. Fail.

I did end up commuting to school at least once last week. It would have been more if I didn't have to spend so much time writing up lab reports for my physics class. I put a solid 36 hours into 2 of them that were due last Wednesday, yuck.

The weekend was super busy as well. Ann and I are finally getting settled into this place and we got our storage locker emptied. One step at a time.

It snowed on Thanksgiving, not a whole bunch, but most of it is still around because the temps have been stuck in the low and mid twenties. I am excited for the arrival of winter. I also got a call from my boss the other day and he wanted to know if I was interested in helping set up the Freewheel Winter Bike Expo, my response was "Hell yeah!". I have been looking forward to this years winter bike expo since I found out there was one and I missed it a couple days after it happened last year. I really hope the snow pulls through and makes it a fun day. I've got the itch to put on my studded fat bike tires. I think as soon as I can put them on they will stay on until the snow is gone and I think I will be picking up some Larry's around that time, the Nate's are just far too aggressive.

I'm also going to be on the look out for a part time job through the holidays to pull in a little extra cash for presents for my loved ones and also a few bike parts I really want to score before all my races come up.

In other news about training I am going to start P90x again today, I will be following the lean schedule. I really need the endurance that this program brought to me the last time I did it. This combined with some hill training I have planned should do me well for getting race ready. I have no misconceptions that I am not going to win anything, but I just want to do the stuff and not look like a fool out there. I mostly just want to do these races just to do them, I don't really care much for competition.

I wish I had time to ride this weekend but I didn't. I also didn't take any new pictures. I have not posted any for a few weeks so I will just post some older ones that I like.

This is from spring of 2012.

Walker Sculpture Garden

Feb 2011

Boom Island Park lamp post




No comments: