Saturday, October 6, 2012

First impressions of my mukluk.

So I've had the Mukluk for a little over a week and have put a good 100+ miles on it now.

It handles single track pretty well even though I have found out I don't handle it that great, that is okay though, I am excited to learn and not almost kill myself on log bridges. Going over something thin with fat tires is not as easy as I thought it would be. It handles Elm Creek Park really well though, the long rolling hilly sections are its playground. It is good at eating up the log piles and rock gardens too. All in all it is fun as heck.

Now for the meat and potatoes. I was out just cruising with the fat bike along the Minnehaha creek bed when I noticed it was completely dry. So I veered to the right and went in it. I was not equiped for a long ride so I rode around slow and checked it out then ended up heading home. The next day however I spent 6 hours in the saddle just exploring the creek bed, areas around the MRT, Pike Island, and the actual river itself. WHAT A BLAST! I cannot say in words how happy this bike has made me. I have found my calling, I am pretty sure I was made to fat bike.

I went out again last night with a co-worker from Freewheel and we swallowed up 23 miles of river bottoms and then went to Matt's for a Juicy Lucy and some beers. Delicious post ride meal. I am writing this over my morning coffee and I am about to head out to where Lyndale ends by the river and explore out there for a few hours. All in all it has been a great week for biking.








Thanks for the photo Thad.

No comments: