Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lazyness

It was a good week but low on activity.

I had no Thursday class this week so I went out on a nice four hour fat bike exploration ride. I rode around the river trail between 55 and Cedar, it was super fun. I did a lot of off route exploring and finally got on that island underneath 494. The mud was dried and cracking it looked pretty neat.



So I rode all the way down to the Cedar bridge and I saw a lot of cool birds: turkeys, a blue heron, great egrets, and a bald eagle. I was also admiring the handy work of the beavers.



On the way back I decided to really go off road and I went through the woods heading back towards the Sibley house. That was a mistake, I came to a spot where I could no longer bike, hell I could hardly walk. There was a bunch of tall grass getting caught my in derailler and chain, wrapping around my handlebars and it took me down a few times. The last time I fell on a sharp root that nearly impaled me. From that point on I took it on foot. I ended up hiking about a quarter mile in an hour. It was thick and hard to navigate. Once I passed the Mendota bridge I knew I had to be close, then out of no where the woods appeared again and I was able to navigate my way back to the trail. By the time I was all done my right leg was all bruised and scrapped up. It is bright yellow right now as I sit and write this.

Totally worth it...






No comments: