Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The excitement is building...

I only put my money down on Friday but I am getting awfully excited about receiving my Mukluk.

I have been without a mountain bike now since April and I really miss riding on single track and just places I can't really get with the CrossCheck. Don't get me wrong, I have taken the CrossCheck to some places that most road bikes would have folded up and cried like the light weight pieces of plastic they are, but I would also like to do these routes with a little more control and a little more confidence on a bike that is more made for those sort of conditions. Hence: fat bike.

I had a lot of fun doing the one race I actually participated in last year, the freewheel bike frozen frolic ice race on Lake Minnetonka. It was a blast and I completely plan on doing that again as well as a few others. There was also a 3 part single track series that I missed out on due to lack of a fat bike that I will take part in again if they decide to have it. I also have my eye on the Fat-bike Frozen Forty, which last year was held at Elm Creek park in Maple Grove, a single track spot I am familiar with. I just want to put some miles in on the new fat bike.

Also, definatly not this year, but I am shooting for next year... I want to try the Arrowhead 135. Just to do it. It sounds insane and I was just looking at a topographic map of the route and it looks like it will certainly be a challenge, but I think with the proper training I can do it. We will see when the time comes next year. Of course next year for the Arrowhead 135 is in 2014. We will see what happens however.

I have all sorts of fun rides planned for when I get the Mukluk, I just need the damn thing to show up!

2 comments:

Death Rider said...

Hey Jay, i'm not sure if we have met in person before but thanks for throwing a link on your blog. Most importantly, if you get that Fat-Bike by October 13 please show up to the Fat-bike adventure ride, i promise it will be alot of fun. also please introduce yourself if you make it, it's ice to connect a person to a blog. BTW you've got a nice blog yourself.

Jay Cob said...

I don't think we have met in real life but I read a lot of local bike blogs and I enjoy reading about other people's adventurous spirit. I've been reading your blog for some time so I figured I should share it with others. I have the fat bike now, I will see about the 13th, it sounds like a lot of fun for sure.