Monday, January 27, 2014

Updates

I've got some parts coming for the new ECR, I'm pretty excited about that. I should have this thing ready to go by the first week in February. Woop!

I've been doing some pretty boring rides just to help alleviate the cabin fever. I don't want to drive somewhere to ride so I've just been riding around Maple Grove, which is fine but it has become far too familiar. I've been trying to do some exploring but with all the fresh powder and considering I am the only person out here riding it seems, I get about 10 miles in before I am dog tired.

I've been doing the Sunday Funday fat bike ride but hardly anyone shows up so I don't know if I will continue to do it for much longer. The whole idea is for it to be a group ride and when it is just myself and one other, well I could do that almost any day. To be fair I have not been pushing it super hard either. I will see how things go in the next few weeks. If they continue how they have, I may throw in the towel.

In other news, I'm planning some fun bike trips for this year. First is a four day weekend at the Maah Daah Hey trail in North Dakota. Probably around May, assuming spring comes when it is supposed to. The second is a tour starting in Washington and ending in Idaho. Planning on starting in Mount Vernon WA and traveling to Sandpoint ID, traveling through the Northern Cascade Mountains. I am pretty stoked to do a real tour instead of these two or three day trips I've been doing. I also plan on doing some more of those this year as well, in preparation for the big one!

That is all I got for now. Take care, stay warm and safe.

No comments: