Friday, November 15, 2013

New fat bike ride.

So last year Freewheel had a fat bike group ride and it was a lot of fun. It was fun but it was a bit fast for my taste, I've never been a speed rider. When I ride my fat bike I like to have fun and meander, adventure, and explore.

Anyway, the fella that was running the fat bike ride last year got transferred to another shop so it became hard for him to do the ride so it ended. This year I will be leading the ride and I am going to push to do it all winter long.

The details: Sunday the 24th, meet up at 9:30 for coffee at the Freewheel Midtown and roll out by 10ish. Fun pace, no drop ride. The folks who like to crush it can ride ahead but I am out there for the fun and to include people who want to ride fat bikes with other folks.

Here is a Facebook event link: Click here for link. (you can still view this even if you do not have a Facebook account)

I will have waivers and stuff to be signed and we will be exploring the idea of going out for some foods/drinks after the ride.

Mountain bikes should be fine but you might have a problem with a cross bike, not in the first half but if we go closer to 40 miles, we will be hitting the really sandy stuff.

I am really excited for this and I hope you can make it out!

No comments: