Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend.

Last year for the laboring weekend I did my first little tour with my buddy Brian. This year was a little different but still lots of fun.

Friday night I hung out with my buddy Thad and we rolled around by the falls and Hidden Falls park. We had a couples beers before the ride, which ended up being a mistake, not a big one but it was pretty hot and I had never been down to Hidden Falls before, the hill going back up was super gnar. The view from the river bank was quite awesome however.

View from the river bank.
We left Hidden Falls and bombed back through Minehaha Falls park and much to our pleasure Surly Brewing was there serving beer. Huzzah!


Beers and bikes.
We headed back to the mother ship and fired up the grill, not before picking up some bacon for the burgers. Thad fired up some beef and I got the fire pit raging. We had ourselves a couple of heart attacks on a bun and then just hung out and drank for a bit.

Burgerssss!
One of Thad's buddies and his wife stopped by and brought some wine from their recent wedding that was left over. We sat and chatted and drank and after about an hour or two they took off and Thad and I decided to go on another ride. We packed up the rest of our beers and headed for Lake Nokomis. We went to the secret ninja spot of drinking concealment, though it was about 2 am at this point so I doubt anyone would have bothered us any way. We hung out and took in the scene. The lake was really still and everything in the sky was reflecting on it. We talked about everything under the sun and when the last beer had been drunk (don't worry we brought our trash home with us), we headed back. We finished the night out with some smores and a visit from Thad's new neighbor who was just getting home from work. Then we attempted to watch Super Troopers but 4:30 am was just too much for both of us.

I rode a few more times over the weekend but mostly solo and mostly to work off all the beer and those burgers. It was a far cry from last year but it was still a lot of fun. I got a lot good time in with some friends I had not seen in a while and even made some new friends. I wonder what next year will be like.

No comments: