Thursday, July 12, 2012

On The Road Again

On Monday I took a nice 30 mile ride from home (Brooklyn Park) to South Minneapolis via the River Road and the Greenway. Met my girlfriend at her folks place near her work then we rode our bikes down to the Lake Harriet beach area and cooled off for a swim.

It felt really good to be riding for no other reason than I wanted to. Having the time to ride because I wanted to felt even better. I miss all the adventure of biking. Things like unannounced races with roadies who ride in the road, detours due to cranes being erected in bike paths, and all the nature you could want. It is a good feeling.

I realized recently that I don't post a lot of pictures any more. Part of that is because it is kind of a hassle to drag my DSLR around and the other part of that is that my phone takes awful pictures. I think it might be time to invest in a point and shoot digital camera for easy picture taking.

I am about to embark on a ride to work, so for now I'll be signing out.