Monday, July 30, 2012

All these little things.

So I have been riding quite a bit recently, there is still room for improvement but I feel good. I've been riding down to Minneapolis every Monday to meet my girlfriend after she is done working. I have also been commuting every Wednesday and Thursday to work. There have been other little random rides on the days not mentioned and I think I am going to start doing the "Sunday Fun Day" rides on Sunday morning out of the Midtown Freewheel location, they look like a lot of fun and I like fun. My goal of 4500 miles for this year, which is 500 more than last year, is in sight.

So after some consultation from one of my inspirations for starting this blog in the first place, I am going to start saving up for a decent quality point and shoot camera so I can take and post more ride photos. I see so many things that stick in my memory when I am out riding that I wish I could capture to show everyone, soon I will be able to do that.

I am still waiting to see what Surly and Salsa will be doing differently for fat bikes this year but I am pretty sure I will be looking at a Surly still. I am stoked, it will be my birthday present to myself.

Only about 3 more weeks before fall semester starts, that is awesome and weird. I will really miss working at Freewheel as often as I do now, I will still pick up a shift once a week but it is just not the same. I really have never had a job that has made me so happy and made me feel so fulfilled, ever in my life.