Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It has arrived!

I finished up the ECR. It was a challenge to be sure. I learned a hell of a lot and it was fun but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Schmidt hub and Supernova lights. They really are bright.
Finished building the front wheel, put the rotor on, and the tires!
Front light and handlebars with shifters and Paul Engineering brake levers put on.
So close I can taste it. Just need to put the rear wheel together and string the cables and housing up!
All done!
Beastly.
I took it for an inaugural ride to Birchwood with my buddy Joe who helped me finish it. It is a lot of fun to ride. I took a leap of faith on it, buying and building it up sight unseen. I had never ridden one. I suspected the geometry was exactly what I wanted and I was right. Let me tell you that these Knards are a lot of fun. The bike doesn't accelerate super fast but when it gets up to speed, holy crap it just rolls like butter. Hopefully Surly makes a smooth tire for the 29+ crowd like they did with fat bikes and the Black Floyd.

I'll be doing a little longer ride tonight to school, we'll see how it holds up.