Friday, October 18, 2013

Hot diggity damn

This week saw the coming and going of my 31st birthday. I decided to pull the trigger on a mountain bike as a birthday present to myself. The titanium El Mariachi that I had my eye on was a little too rich for my blood, so I settled for the El Mariachi 2. I ordered it Tuesday and it showed up Wednesday. A couple of the guys from the shop helped me build it up at the Midtown location. The tires took a little work to get to seat up tubeless, but we got it eventually.

All together.
Yesterday I went down to the river bottoms with one of the guys from the shop. We first went east and then turned around and went down towards 35W. We probably rode roughly 40 miles. I was extremely happy with the bike, it is much more nimble and responsive than the fat bike. I was also blown away by having suspension, things that I could never ever do in the past were now an easy task. All in all I am really happy with my bike and I had a really good ride with my colleague. Afterwards we stopped off at Lucky 13 for a beer and some food. The rain held off until we made it back to my car and we got loaded up. It was a good day.

Muddy Mariachis.

No comments: