Friday, August 16, 2013

Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Last night was a lot of fun.

I headed over to Thad's and we went over to Town Hall lanes and had a beer and some dinner. There was some general shenanigans had there. We saw a bowler that looked like one of our co-workers. There was also a couple there bowling and their nick names for the scoring screen were "Pee" and "Poo". It was hilarious on a very remedial level.

Poo and Pee, heh heh heh heh.


After the food we hit up the libation store across the street and then headed back to Thad's. I forgot my shoes so we had to figure out how to get my Shimano pedals off and put flats on, without an 8mm allen wrench or a pedal wrench. We made it happen because we are men, which is what we kept repeating to ourselves as we were standing around in front of an open garage drinking beer.

Conan, Thad's viciously cute guard dog.


After a bit the others were ready to meet up so we headed out to meet them by the Minnehaha falls. Now, I had asked Thad if I would be alright for this ride on a cross bike, he said "Yeah, you should be fine." So when we went down this super sketchy, sandy, rock filled decent, you can imagine my surprise.

"You'll be good on your Cross Check" he says...
I was okay actually. I only almost crashed once when all of the ground beneath me began to wash away as I needed to stop. I just let go of the brakes and rode it out and all was well. We rode down the banks of the river to a secret location. We stopped, had a beer, and then went and rode some single track. It was pretty gnarly but I kept up and we all ended up in the same place and had another beer. Then Joe and Jamison launched up and down the rocky creek. They came out smelling like total butt from the nasty creek water. We went on and ended up back at the beach head where we made a fire.

Another fellow from work was on his way from the bandit cross race and had two more friends in toe. Things got a little crazy once we were standing still for a long period of time, this gave us more time to consume and thus become more influenced. We were all feeling good and having a great time and we burned some things that may or may not have been explosive, don't worry we had adult supervision. Then Ben took his camera out and did a long exposure shot while a few of us rode around with our lights flashing. The shot came out amazing and pretty much summed up the night for me. We headed back on some super sketchy trails and I some how ended up leading the way out. We had to jump a fence to get back into the dog park. Thad crashed about three times. Super fun times, I cannot wait to do it again soon.

Photo by Ben Hovland

No comments: