Sunday, June 30, 2013

Once in a while.

I've been doing some riding here and there. Mostly short rides to the grocery store or around the local lakes here. I've been too busy with school to do any real riding. Any time I am not at work I am on the computer doing homework. This summer semester has been really draining in conjunction with working full time, yet it is strange because it is nothing I have not done before and managed to get through feeling okay. As of late however, I feel like total crap. I don't know if it is just because I am burnt out or what the deal is but it has been screwing with me for the last week and last night it got to the point of being overwhelming. I got home from work, putzed around for a bit, and then finally just said screw it and went to bed. I thought a good night sleep would be the ticket, so I didn't even set an alarm and I still only got about 6 hours of sleep. I awoke today to feel pretty much exactly the same as I did yesterday. There is no truly identifiable cause for it, but it sucks.

I did end up getting my new bike and I love it. I had heard a lot of people say the Madone was a comfortable bike and I knew it was, but I had no idea to what extent. Other than the seat, which is total garbage in my ass's opinion, the bike fits me perfectly and is just as, if not more, comfortable than the cross check. I did a few shorter rides on it, mostly on trails, so I never really opened it up much, but the first really telling ride was to work a few days ago. It was insanity. There is a false flat on my work route that lies roughly at the half way mark and I am usually pretty impressed when I can get up to about 20 mph while going up it. I guess the bar was low, but I never expected to fly up it going almost 30 mph. I don't know the exact weight difference of the two bikes but I can tell a huge difference between the two, especially on hills. It is pretty impressive. In addition to improved speeds, it handles like a champ, totally confidence inspiring. All in all I regret nothing about this bike (except the saddle).

I'll post some pictures of it later when I have the time. Until then, keep on truckin'.

No comments: