Monday, April 15, 2013

Is this the real life?

We are half way through April and it appears we have gone back in time to February. This unchecked aggression will not stand with the Dude.

I've only got a couple things this week. I started out the 30 days of biking really strong, I went 12 days but two things ended up happening. The first is that my knees started really hurting, it was not so much the pain that got me off the bike as it was how the pain was manifesting. When I was riding the knee pain was either on the side of my knee or on the top where the quad and the patella meet, off the bike my knee was hurting below the patella where it meets the shin. This was very worry some as that is nothing I've ever experienced. So on the advice of my boss I took the rest of the week off. If I can manage it I will try to ride to school tonight but I am not holding my breath. Which brings me to the second obstacle that has kept me off the bike, the weather. 

I did riding this weather so being cold is not an issue for me, however it is not just snowing out there. It is this freezing sleet, snow, and rain mixture. I was out in it for about a minute the other day and was freezing within seconds, that is not my scene and since I don't have to deal with it, I won't. The weather has been a real huge bummer and disappointment to boot. It is looking like we are slowly going to re-enter the 40's and 50's, I can honestly say I am just ready to see some damn sunshine. This weather is rough and takes a tole on the attitude, just gotta hang in there for another week or so.

I took some pictures on my rides for the first week or so that I was doing the 30 days of biking. Here they are.

Here I am sharing my feeling about this weather with Mother Nature

One of the few nice days.

Dirty and damaged.

Got my new pack, it holds everything.

One bike in a sea of cars.
Well that is all I got for this week. Lets hope the weather turns soon.
 

No comments: