Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Developments

I went on a great ride yesterday. I am planning to go camping on Sunday and I am going to bike to my destination. Yesterday I packed up the tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, clothes, etc, etc, in my panniers and went out and killed some miles. It was a great day for a ride, the end was a little hot but it was perfect otherwise. I have a spot reserved at Afton state park, all told from my place it will be a 45 mile ride. One of the guys from work is going so we may end up leaving from Minneapolis from his place, if that is the case it will be more like a 32 mile ride. That is okay, I am just excited to do something of this nature. I have been wanting to go camping via bike for a while now and I finally have the opportunity because the girlfriend is leaving Friday for her family's cabin and won't be back till Tuesday but I have to work Friday and Saturday.

Also it looks like the new Mukluks will be available very soon so that means I will have mine pretty quick. I have decided to go with the 16" even though it is a tad small. I can throw a different stem on it and get that bend back seat post. I would rather it be a tad small than super big so if I have to bail off the seat I don't rip my boys in half. So I am super excited because I have been craving a big dirt sandwich and some stinky river rides.

I am pumped for this weekend. I will certainly have a post on that after the weekend. For now, here is a picture from yesterday.